HELPFUL TIPS FOR MAINTAINING YOUR WASHER AND DRYER:
As a locally owned and operated HVAC company, we pride ourselves in providing outstanding Heating and Air Conditioning Repair and Installation Services to Northern VA and the surrounding cities. But, we are also here to help you and your family during these challenging times.
As more and more of us are working from home to help stop the spread of COVID-19, you may find that working from home is not quite the vacation you envisioned and if you have a family, you will find yourself with more distractions and chores than you bargained for.
In our current time of COVID-19, one of those chores may be doing loads of family laundry. We rely heavily on washers and dryers because having clean clothes is a necessity. If you want to keep them working to their full capabilities, you need to maintain them.
We understand that these are difficult times for everyone, and having your washer and dryer break down now can put a hole in your finances. So a little routine maintenance can keep you from having to make that emergency repair call and save you money.
Here are some tips to help you keep your washer and dryer in tip top shape:
WASHING MACHINE TIPS:
- Check for cracks and bulges by cleaning and inspecting the hoses regularly.
- Once a month clean the drum and gasket by setting the washer cycle to large load and hot water. Mix ½ cup of baking soda and 3 cups vinegar and add to the washer. Allow the cycle to run completely and rinse.
- Avoid overloading your washer. Load clothing evenly on all sides. Carefully follow the recommended load sizing chart that’s found on most washers.
- Remove wet clothing to the dryer as soon as you can. This prevents mildew and bad smells.
DRYER MACHINE TIPS:
- Clean the lint out of the filter after each use. It provides for optimal airflow during each cycle and reduces the risk of fire.
- Make sure the dryer has the proper venting. Many local codes call for vented dryers to be vented to the outdoors. Please check your local codes. Also, the lint collector must be cleaned out often.
- The dryer vent tube must be cleaned out at least once a year to clear debris buildup. Vent buildup is a fire hazard if you don’t clean it out. You can DIY or call an appliance repair company to schedule your dryer vent tube clean out.
- Make sure the ventilation cap area is clear of debris and foliage because debris can build up blocking the air flow from leaving the dryer. Most dryers have a ventilation cap located on the outside of the home.
These helpful tips for maintaining your washer and dryer can save you money in the long run and keep you from having expensive repairs or from having to purchase a new washer and dryer at the most inopportune time . If you still have washer and dryer troubles, please contact a professional appliance repair company.
And remember, if you are in need of HVAC Services, or are in need of HVAC Installation services in Northern, VA, we can help you with that too! We have over a decade of industry experience and we have become the Northern, VA choice for exceptional and affordable Air Conditioning services.
Our qualified service and installation teams offer experienced installation, maintenance, and repair for all makes and models of HVAC Systems. Plus, with low-cost contracts, you’ll have a cool and comfortable home and a full wallet.
If your energy bills are increasing, don’t hesitate to give us a call to address your AC maintenance concerns. When you seek the best Air Conditioning Maintenance, Contact YAZD Mechanical today! We make it our mission to keep you informed every step of the way.