Seasonal Allergies and Your HVAC System. If you’re like many of us who suffer from seasonal allergies in Northern VA, you know this is the time of year you start sneezing, coughing, and you get a runny nose and itchy watery eyes. This is caused by an allergic reaction to spring time’s allergens like pet dander, dust mites, mold spores, pollen, ragweed and grass. These allergens are carried through the air and become airborne. When you breathe them in you get an allergic reaction.
Seasonal allergies can make you and your family uncomfortable. We can’t avoid seasonal allergies, but here are a few tips to help you lessen their effects.
- Spring Cleaning. Clean your home on a regular basis. In the bathroom, avoid using carpet flooring. When possible, avoid harsh cleaners that can irritate your allergies. Use hypoallergenic cleaners, or you can make your own all-purpose cleaner using a 50/50 vinegar and water mix or baking soda and water mix.
- Bedding and Curtains. Wash your bedding with hot water once a week to remove dust mites and dead skin. Use your vacuum tools to clean the surface of your mattress. Clean couches and curtains. Cotton curtains can collect a lot of dust, wash them with hot water.
- Toys. If you have stuffed animals and toys, make sure you wash them to get rid of allergens and dust.
- Keep Indoor Air Clean. When you suffer from seasonal allergies, you know that the air in your home is important to your health. You can help keep out pollen and dust by keeping your windows closed. If you get hot, turn the Air Conditioner on. It will reduce your exposure to allergens and you will be comfortable and cool. Remember to change the air filters regularly.
- Family Pet. We love our family pets, but pet dander can easily linger around your home triggering your allergies. Make sure you wash and brush your furry four-legged friends regularly, especially if they play and roam outdoors.
- HVAC Maintenance. Your HVAC System can harbor pollutants like mold, mildew and dust which can end up in your indoor air during the AC cycles, triggering your allergies. But, don’t let seasonal allergies make you miserable in your home. We can help.
Spring is a great time to schedule your AC Maintenance service. Preventative maintenance keeps your HVAC system running at peak performance, saves you money and prolongs the life of your AC system.
The YAZD Mechanical professional technicians can inspect any type of HVAC system to help ensure it is dust and blockage free. Your satisfaction is our top priority. Call us today or Request an Estimate Online for your Northern VA Air Conditioning service.