Here are a few summer savings tips for your home. We all know too well that the AC can run up your electric bill during the summer months. But don’t sweat it out at home, let YAZD Mechanical help you stay comfortable and cool by helping you prepare your AC for the summer heat. We can help lessen the cost with a few proactive measures around your home. Le’ts make the most out of your air conditioning system this summer.
TIPS TO PREPARE YOUR AIR CONDITIONER FOR THE SUMMER:
- Use a ceiling fan: A ceiling fan in every room or living area helps disperse cooled air more efficiently and allows you to raise the thermostat by a couple of degrees, with little or no discomfort. Homes that have better ventilation and airflow can be more energy efficient in the summer. It’s a great way to save money on cooling your home.
- Maintain your HVAC System: Dirty AC filters can block airflow and make the AC unit work harder to cool your home. Cleaning your air filters or getting a new one can lower an AC’s energy consumption by 5% or more. We recommend changing your air filter every 30 to 90 days. This reduces energy consumption and saves you money. Schedule a Tune-Up with one of our professionals to inspect your AC unit and we can check for leaks and inefficiencies.
- Install a programmable Thermostat: When you’re home set your thermostat setting between 70 to 75 degrees for summer days. If you are not home during the day, keep the temperature at about 80 degrees. And, as long as it is comfortable for you, the night time recommendation is 4 degrees higher than your daytime setting. This will reduce energy consumption and save you money. A programmable thermostat can help you keep up with the settings and will help pay for itself.
- Insulate your home and keep the heat out: Make sure you close the windows and shades to keep the heat out. Use caulk around doors, windows, and nooks around your home. Find the right curtains or shades to keep the heat away.
- Unplug! Unplug computers, stereos and TVs and other home electronics that are not in use and that generate heat. Don’t use the dishwasher, if possible, wash dishes by hand. Use the laundry and dryer machine at night when the temperature has dropped. These little saving tips will help keep your home cool and save you money. Have a Happy Summer!
YAZD Mechanical has been serving Residential and Commercial clients in the Northern Virginia area and the surrounding cities for over a decade. Our dedicated team of professional technicians is at your service.